Principal Engineer Structural Integrity Jobs Vacancy in Dnv
Dnv urgently required following position for Principal Engineer Structural Integrity. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Engineer Structural Integrity Jobs Vacancy in Dnv Jobs Details:
Local Unit & Position Description
Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC)
DNV GL Oil & Gas Technology Centre, (OGTC) Singapore and Indonesia was established in January 2015, with the ambition of becoming a leading competence centre and prime technical advisor in Asia Pacific. It is one of BA Oil & Gas most diverse departments by service (VCA, VMC, Risk Advisory, Technical Advisory including lab services), segments (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream) and assets (Pipeline, SURF, D&W, Fixed Structures, Petrochemical & Refineries, etc).
OGTC consists of over 80 employees organized in 4 sections, and located in 3 different locations (Singapore Science Park Office, Singapore Laboratory and Jakarta Office in Indonesia), serving customers from the entire Region and beyond. In OGTC, we work in synergy to solve different technical challenges: from working on the newest concepts of FLNG, to advising customers on repair solutions, or advising operators on how to reduce costs. OGTC is also the innovation powerhouse for the region, with several new and on-going Joint Industry Projects being run in parallel each year.
Advanced Materials Technology & Structural Laboratory
- A Testing, Consulting, Advisory and Research Partner
DNV GL operates more than 10 laboratories and test site as global network across three continents. As only DNV GL lab in Asia Pacific region, Singapore lab is differentiated by its multi-disciplinary capability in various fields covering Mechanical, Structural, Metallurgical, Material & Corrosion, Sour Service, Additive Manufacturing (AM), Rail component, Load and Pressure testing. This enables broad range of services to be provided under one-roof - from microstructure to mega structure and from laboratory testing to field services. In past 3 decades, Singapore Lab has been regarded as leading testing service provider in the region serving several key industrial sectors from oil & gas, marine, energy to infrastructure. Today lab testing is integrated closely with OGTC advisory services in several areas such as failure investigation, engineering criticality assessment (ECA), fitness-for-service (FFS) assessment and technology qualification. Singapore lab has also been actively involved in joint-industry projects (JIP) and new technology development. The brand new DNV GL Global Additive Manufacturing Technology Centre of Excellence, a unique of its kind, is housed in our Singapore lab facility with aims to provide the industry with technical standards and guidelines for qualifying and certifying advanced manufacturing equipment, processes, products, materials and personnel. This centre of excellence will join a growing and diversified ecosystem of advanced manufacturing technology providers in Singapore. To further strength our position as leading testing, consulting, advisory and research partner, we are seeking a motivated engineer with relevant expertise to join us.
The Principal Engineer is expected to lead structural integrity related testing and advisory service including full scale component and structure testing project. He/she will report to Special Service group leader to manage project and develop service with his/her core competence.
The candidate is required to:
- Handle enquiry and develop commercial proposal of relevant service.
- Manage structural integrity related testing and advisory service including full scale structural testing project.
- Provide support to other teams of lab with his/her core competence.
- Involve and support cross-unit projects requiring competent of fracture mechanics study, FEA and other structural expertise.
- Help develop capability and grow service in the field related to structural integrity and full scale structural testing.
Local employment conditions apply.
- PhD/Master/Bachelor degree in Structural/Mechanical/Fracture Mechanics/Physics or other equivalent disciplines.
- Having professional certificate from renowned international society is an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in testing/advisory/research or other relevant fields
- Proficiency in structure analysis, design, and fracture mechanic study is essential
- Familiar with relevant standards/codes in marine and oil & gas industry
- Good knowledge in engineering materials used typically in marine and oil & gas industry
- Good understanding of oil & gas operation and system
The successful candidate shall:
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Have good communicative and writing skills in English
- Respect and understand cultural diversity
- Be solution oriented with ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes
- Be result oriented with ability to meet deadlines, set and adjust priorities as and when necessary
- Be self-motivated, resilient and cope with work pressure
- Have consulting mindset
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.