Senior Manager Ipa Physical Activity Weight Management Jobs Vacancy in Health Promotion Board Singapore
- Senior Manager Ipa Physical Activity Weight Management
- Health Promotion Board
- Singapore S00
- 13 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Health Promotion Board Singapore urgently required following position for Senior Manager Ipa Physical Activity Weight Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Ipa Physical Activity Weight Management Jobs Vacancy in Health Promotion Board Singapore Jobs Details:
Obesity Prevention and Management (OPM) Division’s goal is to help Singapore avert an epidemic of obesity and its impact on the non-communicable disease (NCD) morbidity rate. This is accomplished by a containment strategy to slow the rise in the prevalence of obesity through (1) increasing physical activity at population level and (2) shaping the nation's diet and changing established consumption patterns in Singapore's families, hawker centres, restaurants and supermarkets.
The Physical Activity and Weight Management (PAWM) is a department within OPM. Its aim is to make the physically-active lifestyle an integral part of Singaporeans' lives. The objective is to increase the proportion of local residents with sufficient physical activity (PA) so as to improve their health. This is achieved by reaching out to the local residents with broad based Incidental PA (IPA) and structured Leisure Time PA (LTPA) programmes to increase the pervasiveness of physical Activity among Singaporeans.
The Department also manages structured programmes for a targeted group of people who wish to manage their weight.
The SM-IPA reports to Assistant Director (AD), IPA section and assists the department in operationalising the IPA programmes on the ground to meet the KPI of the programme. He/She must be conversant with multi-tasking and able to manage relations and work collaborations with multiple stakeholders be it cross department/divisional or with external vendors/partners. He/she would need to possess a level of maturity and able to advise and guide the managers or junior staff in the section on their respective work task. In the absence of the AD, he/she must be ready to stand forth and represent the AD to answer question related to the section’s work.
- Manage the full spectrum of the assigned programmes portfolio effectively.
- Design, develop and execute innovative programmes to promote physical activity across all settings.
- Establish and manage partnerships and vendors to bring internal and external stakeholders together for synergistic programme delivery
- Connect and work with business/industry and other public agencies to develop holistic/WOG models of programme delivery
- Establish, review and manage operations and processes to ensure PA programmes are executed with good corporate governance
- Ensure clear accountability in managing budget and finance-related matters, including project contracts, prizes, rewards and sponsorships.
- Strong leader, team player, dependable, highly-motivated and flexible
- Ability to think strategically, with a strong foundation and instinct for ground operations
- Strong on-ground operations and execution experience, with multi-level coordination skills
- Strong planning skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in written form
- Dynamic team player and effective collaborator
- A good sense of humour
- A degree, preferably in health-related science, business development or related disciplines
- Possess at least 5-7 years of relevant working experience, with a proven track record of delivery of results for programmes; 3 – 5 years for Manager position
- Strong leadership skills and experience in leading small teams
- Demonstrated project and vendor management skills and experience
- Strong track record in event management as overall in-charge for big-scale events
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills and emotional intelligence
- Possess good verbal, written and presentation skills