Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Leica Geosystems Singapore
Leica Geosystems Singapore urgently required following position for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Leica Geosystems Singapore Jobs Details:
As a global company, we maintain development centers on 4 continents; production facilities at 4 plants on 2 continents; sales, marketing, and service in 28 strategically important countries; and offices in another 120 countries.
Senior R & D Mechanical Engineer
Location : Singapore, Singapore
Field: Research and Development
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Design and development of technologically sophisticated opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical components and sub-modules for precision measurement instruments.
- Take a lead role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to design
- Accurately evaluating product economics to prepare cost estimates, establish product design/development objectives and related strategy and plans
- Involve in new product concept and design of components and related assemblies (e.g. with materials like thermoplastics, metals, rubber etc.) and support life cycle activities in these design related areas.
- Create documentations such as drawings, BOM, technical specification, test reports and presentation material as required to document and communicate results, etc.
- Design and validation of prototypes to validate concepts & functional models, qualification of components and sub-modules prior to production release. Participates in FMEAs and follows up on generated recommendations.
- Work closely with internal multi-discipline groups (eg. product engineering, procurement, service and quality management)
- Engage in technical negotiations with vendors. Interacts with vendors and participates in DFM and DFA processes to access component and assembly manufacturability.
- Work with a multi-functional development team (internally and globally) using a structured design and development methodology
- Synchronize tasks and schedules with other internal groups to ensure conformance to product schedules
- Design and conduct experiments using statistical tools and techniques to confirm analyses, evaluating new or existing designs to conform to product specifications.
- Develop and present test plans, coordinating testing and data acquisition
- Foster collaborative relationships within and between organizations
- Coach, motivate, and foster development of junior technical staff
- Some overseas travel may be required.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of product design experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in industrial products
- Design Knowledge & Experience in metal parts, related assemblies, metal die-casting and related tooling & high precision machining
- Design Knowledge & Experience in plastic, rubber and related tooling design and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of and wide application of 2D drafting practices (GD&T), tolerance stack analysis (eg. 1D/2D tolerance loop analysis) and 3D CAD model understanding & related data analysis
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical procedures and type approval specifications
- Ability to solicit guidance/feedback (within a global team) as necessary to improve work performance
- Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes software
- Competent in 3D/2D modelling software, particularly with NX (Unigraphics)
- Knowledge on Matlab programming language will be an added advantage