Procurement Officer Jobs Vacancy in Gems World Academy Yishun
Gems World Academy Yishun urgently required following position for Procurement Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Officer Jobs Vacancy in Gems World Academy Yishun Jobs Details:
GEMS World Academy (Singapore) is looking for a detail-oriented, thorough and organized Procurement Officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. You will be responsible for procuring high-quality and cost –efficient supplies for the school.
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance and Operations
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality goods at the lowest possible cost:
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on a criteria
- Complies with the Law, procedures and regulations
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary clearance documents
- Closely liaising with the clearing agents
- Ensures the proper management of stock.
- Manage Inventory of Purchased & Current Items
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities
- Manage asset movement
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned customer/purchase orders
- Verifies quantification of orders
- Verifies that the required order is within the agreed budget
- Coordinates with the relevant party when processing the orders
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department
- Vendor contract management
- Calling of tender
- Prepare tender documents
- Tender committee member
- Project team member
- Involved in contract review and negotiations
- Vendor management/sourcing
- Manage all vendors and suppliers to GWAS
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS & GWA Core Values.
- Managing stocks of supplies and equipment for school.
- Managing budgets.
- Maintaining Asset and Inventory Record
- Establish a good working relationship with support staff and sub-contractor personnel.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
- Achieve targets set by the Procurement and Inventory Manager.
- Liaise and build relationships with key vendor contacts in order to receive timely and accurate information in regards to product availability.
- Monitor overall stock levels and escalate overstock/under-stock situations. Work across departments to co-ordinate forecast and supply plans
- Direct and co-ordinate immediate Team efforts to ensure optimum inventory availability and minimal stock risk within departmental KPIs
- All ad-hoc duties are completed in the time scales as agreed with the Head of Operations and Head of School.
The candidate should have the following which would be an advantage
- Finance background
- Well versed in Excel
- Basic Procurement process knowledge
- Experience in Dynamics