Urban Planner Designer Jobs Vacancy in Watg
Watg urgently required following position for Urban Planner Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Urban Planner Designer Jobs Vacancy in Watg Jobs Details:
Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The Singapore location of WATG is hiring a Planner/Urban Designer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Planner/Urban Designer will collaborate with planners, architects and landscape architects, engineers or other professional team members to coordinate and present ideas relating to a variety of challenging project types including resort, new community, mixed use and urban projects. It is critical for this position to be held by an individual that thinks on an integrated design level, having a general level of understanding of all disciplines, planning, architecture and landscape architecture and engineering. The Planner/Urban Designer is expected to demonstrate professional skill, high standards, sound judgment and professionalism. It is essential to develop knowledge in Planning and support a continuous and collaborative learning environment. Team building and motivation are key responsibilities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Diploma, Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture, landscape architecture, planning or urban design. 1-3 years of land planning experience including, site analysis, landuse planning, project coordination, deliverable management and general understanding of zoning regulations are required. Proficiency required in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch-Up, MS Office, freehand graphics and GIS. International travel may be required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ability to understand and participate in discussions of complex inter-relationships between the built and un-built environment, i.e. open space, transportation systems, utilities, environment and ecology
- Co-develop urban planning projects
- Ability to analyze complex conditions and assist in the creation of solutions that respond comprehensively
- Develop skills to be versed in master planning, architecture and landscape architecture
- Develop skills to lead design discussions regarding sustainable design practices
- Build an understanding of the development process and economics of development
- Provides design and production support on all phases and all areas of a project
- Assures efficient preparation of drawings and documents
- Completes, design sketches, presentation drawings, diagrams, schedules and other computer generated or hand drawn documents as required by the project
- Other duties as assigned
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
Job Type: Full-time