Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Damen
Damen urgently required following position for Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Damen Jobs Details:
For our R&D department in Damen Shipyards Singapore, fully integrated in the global R&D organization of 60+ experts, we are searching for a full-time Junior Research & Development Engineer to be trained in-house for a permanent role.
The R&D organization is the preferred (in-house) knowledge hub to support the Damen Group with pro-active technical advices. In the role of Software Engineer, you work in cooperation with other R&D colleagues specialized in research and development of our vessels and optimization tools. After a successful initial period, responsibilities will be adjusted to your level of expertise, company needs and your own development wishes.
Apply nowTasks & Responsibilities
Work under the supervision of a R&D Engineer to:
- Develop software that fosters the process standardization of structural design, CFD analysis etc. Detailed duties include:
- Understand client requirements, advise and take part in problem construction
- Draft software requirement specification (SRS) and software design document (SDD)
- Dedicated to software development and testing along project period
- Assist in software architecture of the simulation platform
- Take part in software manual draft and update
- Assist in software versioning and revision control after delivery
Required Skills and Traits
- More than 1 year of experience in software development roles including architect, developer and tester
- Proficiency in Matlab or Python or a different language
- Able to plan, carry out, report progress and accurately complete assigned tasks alone and in a team
- Able to cope under normal time pressure and persist to highlight issues and problems under her/his review
- Strong communication skills with clients and peer developers
- Working proficient English both verbal and written
- Bachelor with Computer Science/Engineering specialization, or other relevant background
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Agile software development experience such as Scrum
- Basic engineering understanding