Scientist Microbiology Jobs Vacancy in Agri Food And Veterinary Authority Singapore Singapore
Agri Food And Veterinary Authority Singapore Singapore urgently required following position for Scientist Microbiology. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Microbiology Jobs Vacancy in Agri Food And Veterinary Authority Singapore Singapore Jobs Details:
Purpose of Job
The Scientist will be a member of the scientific team of the Microbiology Section of the Laboratories Group of AVA which provides analytical services to support AVA’s food safety programme.
Duties Reporting directly to Head/Microbiology, the Scientist performs the day-to-day laboratory analytical and general functions and contributes directly to the smooth operation of the section. He /She will also be part of the team to work on specific projects to enhance existing test methods and to expand current laboratory capabilities.
- Performing routine microbiological analyses for food samples to provide technical support for ‘export certification’ and ‘import control’ of food in line with national and international policies.
- Implementing the Section’s quality assurance programs in accordance to ISO/IEC 17025 and laboratory biosafety measures so as to ensure that all test results are accurate and reliable.
- Carrying out routine equipment performance checks and maintenance.
- Carrying out specific projects assigned, some of which may cover:
- Evaluation of new test methodologies, media, test kits to improve capability and efficiency of the laboratory
- Surveillance on specific food pathogen or areas of arising food safety concern e.g antibiotic resistant bacteria in food
- Proficiency in emerging new technologies, including Next Generation Sequencing and other molecular typing methods
- Degree in Science majoring in microbiology or related field
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in biology lab is advantageous
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for laboratory work
- Good communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Good Team Player who is also able to work well independently
- Good IT skills e.g. in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Excel
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.