Manager Science Communications Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- Manager Science Communications
- Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- 12 Jan, 2018 5 days ago
Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering urgently required following position for Manager Science Communications. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Science Communications Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering Jobs Details:
The Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE), a Research Centre of Excellence, Nanyang Technological University, is looking for Manager, Science Communications. The Manager, Science Communications, will report to and work with the Senior Assistant Director, Science Communications (DSC) to raise awareness of SCELSE’s activities and for publicity purposes, within the centre, universities as well as to external research organisations and the public.
- Write and edit in-house brochures, newsletters, annual reports, research updates, press releases, text for the website and other promotional material to showcase the work of SCELSE scientists and collaborators.
- To assist DSC in ensuring a regular supply of fresh content such as research updates, and other public awareness stories.
- Maintain oversight of SCELSE website and regular press coverage of SCELSE activities and outcomes.
- To assist the DSC to assign and manage feature articles and educational materials contracted to outside contributors and translators when needed.
- To work closely with DSC in providing support to SCELSE scientists in preparing high-quality speeches and presentations for media conferences and other events.
- Ensure effective content interpretation of SCELSE activities to audiences at public events.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognised university, preferably in journalism, communications, English or science.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience as a science writer or science researcher.
- Proven experience in science writing.
- Familiarity with web and print publishing procedures, and technologies involved in social media, blogs and podcasting
- High degree of motivation
- Proven ability to interact with a team of international scientists and other technical experts
- Ability to translate content into compelling stories
- Ability to translate and present complex scientific information to lay audiences
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on designated tasks