Investment Writer Jobs Vacancy in Legg Mason Singapore
Legg Mason Singapore urgently required following position for Investment Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Writer Jobs Vacancy in Legg Mason Singapore Jobs Details:
If you are as passionate as we are about creating and delivering high quality investment content across equity, fixed income, and alternative asset classes, for all fund ranges, along with a wide range of marketing collateral, you're in good company. Good writers understand that clear and concise communication is the crux of all marketing activity and greatly facilitates the sales process.
If this sounds like you, you may be the bright, seasoned Investment Writer we are looking for to join our Global Content team supporting Legg Mason Global Distribution.
This position is based in our Singapore office.
Writing samples will be requested - please provide a sample along with a copy of your CV.Key Responsibilities & Duties Include, but not Limited to
- The provision of investment commentary that reinforces the investment views and positioning taken by Legg Mason’s affiliates.
- Producing a range of high-quality investment content across a range of distribution channels and media including:
- Creation of regular investment content (e.g. fund commentaries, market overviews, newsletters and asset class slide decks, etc.).
- Creation and editing white papers/thought leadership content (e.g. PM interviews, investment views or educational pieces)
- Product campaigns and key themes (e.g. provide supporting materials to enhance product positioning and messaging).
- Contributing to the global editorial steering board that sets themes and content objectives.
- Ensure that there is consistency in the product messaging across all marketing touchpoints, constantly refreshing and enhancing materials based on feedback from the sales team/clients and changing market conditions.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders at Legg Mason’s affiliates in order to facilitate the creation of high impact copy, whilst adhering to compliance regulations.
- Maintain strong relationships with global teams across Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, PR, and Sales to build understanding of local business requirements and distribution channels.
- Build a strong working relationship with the product specialist group (PSG) to ensure that you are constantly apprised of activity in the funds and any relevant changes that would necessitate any updates in messaging or communications.
- Maintain an awareness of the competitive environment and industry trends associated with content and content distribution.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Finance, or similar fields of study
- 3-5 years’ experience a writing role with strong background in fixed income, equity and alternatives investments
- Investment Management Certificate or similar qualification advantageous
- Ability to create new or edit existing investment copy for a range of different audiences (quasi-institutional and intermediary).
- Strong marketing mindset and the ability to simplify complex messages for channels such as retail and advisory.
- Sound understanding of financial markets and more generally the asset management industry.
- Experience of monitoring and interpreting investment themes and trends.
- Strong marketing skills and the ability to distil key messages in the most appropriate way for the relevant audience.
Legg Mason is a leading global asset management firm that offers rewarding career opportunities for individuals who share our core values: integrity, collaboration, passion for results, empowerment, and a commitment to our profession. We have a presence in every major financial center across the globe, and we look for exceptional professionals who want to shape a rewarding career through intellectual curiosity, leadership, and team-oriented approach. If you are passionate about the investment business and about building your future with one of the industry's premier firms, consider the opportunities at Legg Mason today.