- 19 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
One of the key areas of growth in the financial sector is user experience. Internet giants – Facebook, Google, Amazon and Netflix – have long been championing the benefits of great user experience design, and it’s clear that the financial services industry has a long way to come.
Here at Excelian, we believe in delivering cutting edge applications with cutting edge technologies. Using the latest UI stack, we use ES6 and TypeScript as standard in our Web pack built UI applications, favouring RxJS and Angular 4.
We want to bring in developers and engineers who share our passion for
innovation, new ideas, and new technologies to join us on projects to enhance user experience, improve resiliency and scalability of trading platforms, and ensure regulatory compliance.
In our Singapore project, we are leading the greenfield development of a knowledge management application. Our UX consultants have been leading the design work over the last few months, both in Singapore and in London, and you would be partnering with them to begin delivering their designs.
- Overseeing architecture and design decisions and providing guidance to both onshore and offshore teams on best practice
- Working closely with the UX team and internal client stakeholders, as well as users within the business, to lead the architecture, design and planning of solutions
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and trends and driving knowledge-sharing sessions
- Strong experience in designing and developing highly available greenfield financial services applications, ideally within financial services
- Excellent experience in modern web technologies (TypeScript, ES6, Angular 2/4, RxJS, React)
- Ideally experience with React Native, Ionic, Android or iOS
- Commercial experience of Cloud Platforms (AWS)
- Strong experience and commercial knowledge of DevOps/ CI
- Certified with practical knowledge of Agile delivery
- A track record of delivering robust requirements which realize deliverable, complete solutions
- Excellent business and technology stakeholder management
- Experienced working with a geographically diverse team (ideally including an offshore technical team)