Executive Laboratory Operations Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- Executive Laboratory Operations
- Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- 12 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering urgently required following position for Executive Laboratory Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Laboratory Operations Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering Jobs Details:
The Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE), a Research Centre of Excellence, Nanyang Technological University, is looking for Executive, Laboratory Operations. The Executive, Laboratory Operations will provide extensive support to SCELSE's research operations and the general upkeep of the research facilities.
- Manage deliveries of laboratory-related goods and all necessary documentation as part of the standard operating procedure for laboratory goods receipt and inventory management;
- Facilitate the procurement and management of chemicals;
- Administer assets and inventories;
- Procurement and management of consumable supplies to meet the needs of research operations within the Centre;
- Liaise with supplier/engineer to arrange for equipment repair and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment (freezers, freeze dryers, vacuum pumps, water purification systems, etc.) and handheld devices (e.g., pipettes, etc.);
- Conduct routine in-house maintenance of laboratory equipment (e.g., fridge, freezers, freeze dryers, vacuum pumps, etc.);
- Provide administrative support to manage consolidated services and liaising with supplier/engineer to ensure the timely delivery of services;
- General housekeeping of facilities assigned;
- Render front-desk support to stakeholders and their enquiries; and
- All other duties and improvement projects as assigned by the supervisor or HOD.
- Good diploma in Biotechnology, Life Sciences or related field;
- Fresh graduate with technical knowledge of routines in a research laboratory environment gained through formal training or experience would be considered favorably, though candidates with at least one year of experience working in a laboratory would be desirable.
- Knowledge on good laboratory practices;
- Knowledge on management of hazardous substances is highly desirable (e.g., certification on WSQ Manage Hazardous Substances)
- Good planning and organizing skills;
- Must be highly meticulous and have a knack of paying attention to details;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Motivated and must be highly adaptable to changes;
- Must be resourceful and proactive;
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently, as well as in a group;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Words, MS Excel, and MS Access.
SCELSE offers a research environment focusing on scientific excellence, recognising world-class research as the platform for future innovation, research and development.
As part of the talent grooming to support this fast-rising industry, the National Research Foundation (NRF), through the EWI, is providing PhD scholarships to develop research experts in Environmental and Water Technologies (EWT).
- Summer Course
Take a guided tour in SCELSE
Learn about our people & their expertise
Collaborate on a Research Project
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Statement