Smart Grid Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Silverspring Networks Inc Singapore
Silverspring Networks Inc Singapore urgently required following position for Smart Grid Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Smart Grid Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Silverspring Networks Inc Singapore Jobs Details:
Itron Network Solutions is looking for a Smart Grid Engineer to join our team in Singapore. In this role, you will work directly with our customers to configure applications, develop and document processes, and execute processes to deliver and maintain value provided through Itron Network Solutions applications. You will also work with Itron Network Solutions project delivery resources to bridge between solution implementation and deployment and solution operations. You will be leveraged as the onsite Itron Network Solutions solution expert to address front line questions from the customer about the applications and identify issues that need to be escalated to Itron Network Solutions Customer Support using standard escalation processes. In this position, you will play a key role as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to Itron Network Solutions' customers, providing the highest opportunity to achieve customer and company success. This is the ideal position for someone who has extensive experience with establishing business objectives and service levels, documenting processes, process execution, managing process adherence, monitoring service levels, training and education of customers, and identification and management of issues to closure.
What will you be responsible for, exactly?
- Engage with customers to scope, design, document, implement and deliver process scenarios for the operations of the Itron Network Solutions solution deployed at the customer.
- Assist with customer system deployment and solution testing, including identifying and triaging anomalies, and working with Itron Network Solutions Customer Support and Engineering where necessary to resolve identified issues.
- Execute and manage day to day tasks and processes. Major processes will include: tracking network and endpoint device provisioning processes, monitoring daily network and device performance, job completion, and events.
- Troubleshoot application issues, including endpoint device and network related issues.
- Document and escalate issues that cannot be resolved on site. Escalation will include using Itron Network Solutions Customer Support for support issues and the involvement of Product Management and Engineering as appropriate.
- Document root cause analysis for significant failures.
- Serve on customer core teams to aid in the customer’s understanding of Itron Network Solutions product capabilities to support future enhancements.
- Serve as a knowledge expert to the customer and provide consulting and hands on training on Itron Network Solutions products, applications, and processes.
- Support pre-deployment activities, such as lab-based evaluations and other pre-deployment testing which will require a comprehensive understanding of application environments deployed at the customer as well as the intended uses by the customer.
- Contribute to the Services and Global Delivery culture by actively participating in the evolution of best practices, tools and processes.
- This role will be required to service multiple customers throughout the APAC region, requiring considerable travel (50%)
A qualified candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and designs to both technical and non-technical staff
- Proven ability to multi-task and participate in a hands-on manner
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative manner with an extended team of peers to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied
- Strong team mentality
- Customer-service orientation
- Strong technical expertise with excellent communication and customer service skills, flexibility, and a willingness to assist and research to exceed the customer needs and expectations
- Preference to working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivation; able to demonstrate initiative and risk-taking
Your qualifications and experience:
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree or equitable degree plus work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- 7+ years of customer service operations; utility or similar operations experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage customer relationships and accounts; experience interacting with large companies which require interacting with and managing requirements and input from individuals in multiple departments.
- Hands-on experience with process development, documentation, and execution.
- Hands-on experience with use of technical applications and platforms.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and deployment of applications on these operating systems
- Database experience is a bonus
- Solid understanding of communications networks, including TCP/IP and IPv6
- Experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with using integrated customer support applications such as Remedy, Jira, and Salesforce.