Procurement Sourcing Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Woodlands
Thermo Fisher Scientific Woodlands urgently required following position for Procurement Sourcing Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Sourcing Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Woodlands Jobs Details:
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Lead in worldwide Commodity Sourcing and Procurement of materials, parts or components, and assemblies to provide the company with a competitive edge through lower materials cost, best quality products, shorter manufacturing cycle-time and timely delivery to customers.
- Support new product transfer program by acting as focus person on behalf of Procurement Department to co-ordinate all materials activities until 1st production run including resolving any material supply issue with the other Thermo Fisher Manufacturing Site.
- Support R&D Sourcing effort by identifying and Purchasing of components and parts for initial prototype build. Work with existing or new vendor to lower materials cost through value engineering, reverse engineering, New design, alternative substitution, or relaxing of tolerance or standard of the materials.
- Lead in Commodity group to develop Supplier base by actively Sourcing, identifying and evaluating new Suppliers on a Global basis. Conduct Supplier Survey and assessment jointly with QA and Engineering group.
- Lead and participate in Quality System Regulation (QSR) program and work with cross functional group to achieve the qualification of the systems leading to the new product launch. Support and involve in Environment Health Safety (EHS) awareness program.
- Lead and initiate Inventory Consignment Program, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and Just-In-Time (JIT) to suppliers on a Global basis.
- Conduct First Article or Engineering Evaluation where appropriate for selected Commodity such as PC Bare board or Mechanical component thereby qualifying the supplier or initiate parts or component assembly for Qualification with Engineering and Quality group.
- Diploma/BSc in Production Engineering or Business Studies or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Purchasing or Materials Management
- At least 2 years of working experience in SAP or E1 MM applicaations
- At least 2 years of working experience in Materials Requirement Planning
- Planning and analytical ability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Work independently and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of MS office application
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.