Buyer Direct Materials Jobs Vacancy in Agilent Singapore
Agilent Singapore urgently required following position for Buyer Direct Materials. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Buyer Direct Materials Jobs Vacancy in Agilent Singapore Jobs Details:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to join a dynamic team in a progressive environment? This is your opportunity.
You will be responsible for the procurement of a variety of items in accordance with management objectives and support needs of internal and external customers. It will start from the purchase of materials from a local and global supply base. These materials are delivered to various locations that supporting end customer requirements with a variety of volumes, conditions, and constraints.
You will be part of the material sourcing/procurement for the manufacturing of the diagnostics instruments and lab automation equipment, working hand in hand with the procurement engineering, planning, production, and engineering teams. You are the integral part of the factory operations for material assurance, including the planning for factory materials, managing orders and inventory, monitoring supplier performance in order fulfillment, and provide timely update to the team with regards to the material status.
- Manage the material acquisition process from gathering purchasing info/requirement to delivery.
- Validate purchase requisition (PR) meeting all requirements
- Convert PR to purchase order (PO) and communicate timely to suppliers.
- Ensure accurate information is received, understood and acted upon by suppliers.
- Manage PO to ensure assurance of supply of required materials per production requirement.
- Manage inventory levels, committing to and delivery on targets; ensuring accuracy and comply with all audit requirements.
- Analyze data from ERP system to identify trends or patterns for making informed business decisions.
- Proactively provide timely material status update.
- Facilitate in solving operational issues such as material pull-in, good receipt and supplier payment issues.
- May participate in projects/assignments requiring coordination with other functions and third parties.
- Work closely with internal functional partners for fulfilling end customer’s requirements and achieve customer satisfaction.
You'll need to bring with you a university degree and be eager to build your skills and knowledge base. If you can bring some experience, great. If not, your positive, proactive attitude and willingness to work as part of a go-getting team are what will set you apart.
- Bachelor’s Degree or University Degree or equivalent of Diploma with equivalent amount of work experience.
- Exposure in working with people with excellent collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrate positive thinking, open mind, and can do attitude.
- Possess the ability to do follow-up effectively.
- Have an analytical mind. Able to apply sound and systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving supply-chain issues.
- Familiarity with computer/software such as Microsoft Windows and Excel..