Data Center Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Company Bukit Merah
Company Bukit Merah urgently required following position for Data Center Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Center Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Company Bukit Merah Jobs Details:
• Perform facilities management related tasks in relation to the Data Center and/or Extra-Low Voltage (“ELV”) operations, including but not limited to structured network cabling, cable tracing, patching of cable and rack management, infrastructure and Data Center capacity planning.
• Responsible for the design and installation of structured network cabling, cable tracing, patching of cables and rack management in respect of infrastructure cabling used by the surveillance network.
• Responsible for the installation, removal, testing and labeling of all cross-connect cables (for e.g., cat6 cables, coax cables and fiber cables etc.).
• Responsible for the installation, re-location and removal of cabinets, racks, devices and other IT equipment inside the Data Center and ELV rooms.
• Responsible for the installation of IT hardware, including network switches, servers, shelves, intelligent Power Distribution Units (“iPDU”), rails, cable management and other IT equipment in the Data Center and ELV rooms.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the Data Center and ELV rooms.
• Liaise with the Facilities, Security and Surveillance teams to ensure optimal operation of electricity, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and monitoring environments within the Data Center and ELV rooms.
• Responsible for the configuration and management of Data Center equipment, including IP Kernel based Virtual Machine, iPDU and Data Center Infrastructure Management (“DCIM”) software. • Maintain and update DCIM software to the latest version.
• Monitor and manage the physical health of the network and server environments.
• Follow established processes used by the Data Center operations (“DCO”) team, participate in regular process review and maintain service standards as defined in the relevant Operational Level Agreements/ Service Level Agreements.
• Respond to priority 1, 2 and 3 incidents following the standard incident response procedures and assist with the resolution of such incidents.
• Manage and handle ticket management and queue monitoring (i.e. incident, service and change requests) for network and systems queues.
• Perform daily handover of duties and documents to shift personnel, and providing project support, including but not limited to updating timesheets, and updating and maintaining DCO team documentation.
• Any other ancillary tasks or works relating to the above as and when requested and assigned by the Company.
3 years hands-on experience in providing Data Center support.
1 year experience in providing Windows and Unix support.