Technology Manager Life Sciences Jobs Vacancy in National University Singapore Queenstown
National University Singapore Queenstown urgently required following position for Technology Manager Life Sciences. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technology Manager Life Sciences Jobs Vacancy in National University Singapore Queenstown Jobs Details:
- Evaluate opportunities, develop and implement commercialisation strategies for intellectual property arising from cutting-edge research.
- Build relationships with academic researchers primarily in the life sciences and identify promising research that has commercial potential.
- Establish and build relationships with commercial companies and early stage investors in order to effectively market and license technologies .
- Identify the value of a technology (through prior art searches, market analysis) and contribute to further enhancing its value.
- Protect ideas and inventions through effective intellectual property (IP) management.
- Negotiate licensing agreements.
- Responsible for a portfolio of projects and their management from initial contact with academic inventors to successful commercialisation of their ideas.
- Raise the profile of NUS Enterprise within NUS and externally.
- Strong background in life sciences, preferably evidenced by a PhD and/or equivalent research experience. A breadth of knowledge across a variety of the life sciences is required.
- Work experience in development and commercialisation of early stage technologies in an industry, start-up, university or government environment advantageous.
- Ability to quickly grasp new scientific concepts and technologies and to identify where there may be commercial potential and how this could best be realised.
- Experience handling commercial negotiations advantageous.
- Experience of IP management, including identification, due diligence and protection of IP advantageous.
- Excellent organisation skills including the ability to prioritise, manage and progress multiple projects efficiently while maintaining an active customer interface.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to credibly interact with a range of stakeholders including researchers, industry and colleagues.
- Work experience in or knowledge of at least one of the following preferred: pharmaceutical drug discovery and development, medical devices, diagnostics, reagents, synthetic biology.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, adaptability and creative problem-solving.
- Excited to work with cutting-edge technologies and the next great ideas, and to contribute to helping these discoveries make a difference in the world.