Wan Site Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Microsoft Singapore
Microsoft Singapore urgently required following position for Wan Site Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Wan Site Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Microsoft Singapore Jobs Details:
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and Datacenter optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in MCIO as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Group.
The Site Operations Manager (SOM) will act as the Microsoft single point of contact for all site operations issues and escalations. The SOM will work closely with the Microsoft appointed operational partners and vendors to deliver best in class services to our online Cloud services customers. As such, the SOM will act as the on-site Microsoft representative and will provide guidance and direction on all Microsoft Data Centre policies, procedures, and operational requirements. Occasional regional and international travel will be required.
Core responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Technical lead for all IT queries and issues relating to site logistics, deployments and break/fix activities.
- Organize and prioritize IT tasks and projects within their data center(s).
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with the leased facility landlord, IT service providers, and partner support teams at the Data Centre.
- Planning and supervision of all supporting physical infrastructure, logistics, and resources required to provide Cloud capacity to our internal customers.
- Supervision and quality control of ongoing IT maintenance support for all service lines to meet pre-defined SLAs
- Single point of contact for incidents at their Data Centre(s) that impact Microsoft cloud services and the proactive and timely resolution of such incidents.
- Implementing and overseeing all security and compliance policies for their Data Centre(s) to ensure all local systems meet the requirements set down by Microsoft internal security and compliance teams
- Contribute to regional and global improvement programs as required
- Assist with the review and approval of OPEX and CAPEX budgets, spend, vendor resourcing models, and reconciliation of same.
- At least four years’ experience managing physical operations in an IT and/or Critical Environment infrastructure
- At least two years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Enterprise-level Experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Financial Management experience and good business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
- College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
- CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNA Certifications
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) Certifications
The successful candidate may be required to undergo security screening requirements. Screening requirements will be in accordance with the law of the given jurisdiction.