House Lawyer Jobs Vacancy in Argus Media
Argus Media urgently required following position for House Lawyer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
House Lawyer Jobs Vacancy in Argus Media Jobs Details:
Job title In-house Lawyer
Reporting to Group General Counsel
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy and commodities industries. We are looking for an In-house Lawyer to negotiate and draft commercial contracts across our subscriptions, consulting, technology, conferencing, sponsorship and marketing activities and to advise on related IP and data protection issues.
Due to our sustained expansion in Asia, we are looking for an In-house Lawyer to cover our Asia region where your advice will help to drive the growth of a dynamic business. You will be part of a small legal team where you will apply your commercial skills in this varied and challenging position to take responsibility for managing risk to the business. You will liaise with external partners and internal Argus staff (both in the Singapore office and across the global offices, particularly the London headquarters), using your knowledge and judgment to pursue and resolve IP and commercial contract issues.
- Negotiate and draft commercial contracts including licensing, technology, consulting, conferencing, sponsorship and marketing agreements
- Work closely with senior managers in Asia as the primary legal adviser
- Monitor and implement data protection, privacy and social media policies
- Identify, monitor, research and resolve issues relating to commercial contracts liaising with external partners and senior internal Argus staff as necessary to ensure that risk to the business is minimised
- Execute on special projects as required within the team
Skills and Experience
- Qualified lawyer with 6+ years’ PQE as a commercial/TMT lawyer operating across Asia (the PQE indicated is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE)
- Solid private practice training and experience from a top tier law firm
- Ideally, will have some prior in-house experience
- Experience providing legal advice in a commercial environment and of working across data protection and intellectual property issues
- Strong "client" and global mindset with the ability to enhance internal/external customer relationships
- Experience with privacy / data protection / social media, web-based content/licensing, partnering and/or distribution of content
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with internal and external contacts
- Strong judgment to anticipate and identify areas of risk and to use outsourcing options effectively
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously as well as work as a team member
- Able to conduct thorough and accurate research, ensuring attention to detail
- Excellent drafting skills
- Experience coordinating and persevering with projects to meet deadlines and excellent time management skills
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to provide helpful, effective advice and recommendations
- Self motivated
- Confident communicator and negotiator
- Interest in developing commercial understanding across the business
- Believe in the Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group healthcare scheme
- 20 days Leave
- Extensive internal and external training
If you could contribute to our high performing team, we’d like to hear from you. Send your cv to us at email@example.com