Technical Support Officer School Design Jobs Vacancy in Temasek Polytechnic Singapore
Temasek Polytechnic Singapore urgently required following position for Technical Support Officer School Design. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Support Officer School Design Jobs Vacancy in Temasek Polytechnic Singapore Jobs Details:
- To provide technical support to students, staff and lecturers in the workshop, which includes wood, metal and plastic works and its machines
- To arrange and ensure workshop machines and tools are properly maintained at all times
- To conduct workshop induction for freshmen, staff and GSA students
- To assist lecturers to deliver skills-based lessons during workshop practice sessions
- To manage assets in eAMS loan system and participate in annual asset verification exercise
- To purchase and manage materials for workshop and official events/activities
- To assess and enforce health and safety in the workshop, ensuring all aspects meet requirements from SCDF, NEA, WSH, ISO etc.
- To conduct periodic review of workshop processes and procedures to ensure optimal operational efficacy
- To support/be part of committee in Open House, Design Show and other official events/activities, eg. construct projects for committees’ need, and support other logistics arrangements
- To be involved in school, TP level or national level projects by providing technical specialties as required
- To have basic knowledge in 3D printing technology and application
- To manage laser cutting machine and be proficient in 2D/3D software, eg. Illustrator, Rhinoceros, AutoCAD
- To support the introduction of new workshop equipment and undertake training as appropriate
- Relevant experience in the field of Product & Industrial Design or Engineering
- Experience in model-making and/or with working knowledge of wood, metal and plastic works as well as spray painting procedures
- IT savvy, preferably with knowledge of CAD software and 3D printing applications
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure, and manage internal and external customer demands professionally
- Good communication skills, and able to work well both in a team and independently
- Candidates familiar with procurement procedures, WSH Act and its regulatory framework would be advantageous