Manager Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- 12 Jan, 2018 11 days ago
Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering urgently required following position for Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Jobs Vacancy in Singapore Centre For Environmental Life Sciences Engineering Jobs Details:
The Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE), a Research Centre of Excellence, Nanyang Technological University, is looking for Manager, IT. The Manager, IT will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of SCELSE’s computer systems and IT support infrastructure to meet the research and corporate services KPIs of the organization.
- Manage information technology and computer systems, which include, but is not limited to, installing, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and network;
- Plan, develop, implement, organize, control, and evaluate policies and procedures for computer systems, IT, and electronic data operations and development;
- Administer computer, telecommunications, audio & video (AV), and information systems;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
- Act in alignment with NTU policies, Board of Governance requirement, user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy;
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time. Where required, liaise with NTU CITS, vendors, and contractors to identify root causes to identify control measures and implement solutions;
- Audit systems, assets and propose improvement measures where required;
- Procure and preserve assets, information security and control structures;
- Plan and manage annual IT budgets and ensure cost effectiveness; and
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field;
- Aspiring IT practitioner with 4 - 8 years of relevant experience can be considered;
- Individuals with proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experiences will be considered favorably; and
- Individuals with ITIL certification will have added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems;
- Expertise in IT governance and process;
- Hands-on experience with computer networks and systems; and
- Experience in managing people from all levels is required.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Understanding of complex information and requirements;
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans;
- Good evaluation skills;
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and listening);
- Confidence in decision-making;
- Good team-playing mentality; and
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and within constraints.