Math Teachers Jobs Vacancy in Stamford American International School Singapore
Stamford American International School Singapore urgently required following position for Math Teachers. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Math Teachers Jobs Vacancy in Stamford American International School Singapore Jobs Details:
To meet the school’s vision through the objectives of the IB MYP/DP and the American A.P. programs. To engage
students from over 70 national and linguistic backgrounds in the AERO (American Education Reaches Out) standards.
To participate fully in the expectations of the Stamford learning community that includes 1x duty per day, 1x co-
curricular activity per week and 1x ‘advisory’ period per day.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he
is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhered to and ensure compliance with the relevant
Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the
role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at
home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head or indeed to the
Cognita Regional Safeguarding Manager so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
- Developing trusting and effective relationships with the all the children in the class and their parents
- Establishing supportive and positive working relationships with all other members of staff
- Becoming a presence across the whole school and a representative of it within its wider community
- Developing and executing the preparation, planning and delivery of child-centered learning activities so that all
- Act in pastoral role as an “advisor” meeting each day in the morning and in a session prior to lunch break
- Building pedagogical practice around understanding the EAL learner, the importance of differentiation, and the
essential aspects of peer observation and feedback.
- To establish effective home/school communication.
- To participate fully in appropriate training in the various programs and initiatives at Stamford
- To demonstrate a willingness to analyze data such as MAP scores that inform teaching and learning.
- To utilize the “Approaches to Learning” expectations per the International Bacclaureate.
- To develop a practice that accommodates a range of ability levels and learning styles.
- To work in a collegial and professional manner with peers that demonstrates respect, being prepared and on time,
and adhering to the school wide meeting norms and team essential agreements.
Extended professional role:
- To understand and implement the expectations and policies established by Cognita and Stamford.
- To participate in professional duties as necessary outside of the scope of the school day (E.G. Field Studies trips,
professional development on weekends as needed, and after school meetings as required).
- Duty supervision once a day at break/lunch and other unstructured times
- Lead/coach once a week after school CCA (co-curricular activity) from 3:45-4:30pm
- Abide by the child safeguarding expectations of the school.
- Coordinating parent meetings where appropriate to review a students’ progress
- Coordinating efforts of parents to assist with class room volunteering duties or on excursion
- To teach any classes as deemed necessary.
- To assist in internal sub coverage according to department needs
- To provide any other reasonable duties delegated by the School Management
- At least 3 years of experience in working with children as a grade teacher with relevant qualifications
- MYP/IB/AP experience preferred
- Curriculum development knowledge is required
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skill.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Good references on request
- Proficiency in using school databases, communications platforms, and educational technology
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent is required
- Professional current teacher licensure or certification is required
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Other Stamford Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Parents and Students
- Working hours 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, (until 5:30 pm on Mondays), plus occasional staff meetings and
- School holidays are paid and free except staff days and training days (please refer to the website to see the school
Terms of Employment
- Medical Benefits: Medical insurance provided where applicable
- Sick Leave/Hosp: 60 days hospitalization leave including 14 days sick leave
- Probation Period: 3 months from date of commencement
- Pre-medical exam: Required
- Referee request: Required
- Background Check: Required