Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Duke Nus Graduate Medical School Singapore Outram
Duke Nus Graduate Medical School Singapore Outram urgently required following position for Research Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Duke Nus Graduate Medical School Singapore Outram Jobs Details:
Perform a variety of functions related to research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or his/her designate: -
- Laboratory based studies on a project concerning the immunobiology of the newly discovered mucosa-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells. The project will focus on the anti-microbial functions of human MAIT cells to help understand the role of these cells in health and bacterial diseases. The project is performed in collaboration with Karolinska lnstitutet in Sweden.
- A variety of research activities which include planning, organising, and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, which include working with human blood and tissue samples derived from healthy donors and patients with bacterial infections. This project involves the use of standard microbiological and immunological assays. Additional responsibilities will include careful record keeping and blood sample processing. A successful candidate may be asked to contribute to laboratory management, ordering, and budget tracking.
- Planning, organising, and conducting experiments pertinent to the research, and establish work procedures to maintain high efficiency, productivity, and good team-work in the laboratory.
- Laboratory management to ensure efficient and safe execution and protocols of laboratory acitivities, inc. ordering, laboratory inventories, equipment, budget tracking, and careful record keeping.
- Assist principal investigator to analyse experimental data and prepare results for scientific meetings and publications.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor (with Honours) in the biological sciences or a related field.
- A background in microbiology and immunology and previous experience with human blood samples, and immune cell analyses with standard laboratory assays (Biosafety Level 2) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge, skills and expertise in supporting various research activities.
- Able to organise, multi-task, and efficient planning.
- Excellent record taking and keeping is required at all times.
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing to the principal investigator and the members of the team.
- Able to work well independently and as a team member and have good conflict management skills.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Job : Research Primary Location : Outram Organization : Office of Research