Senior Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation urgently required following position for Senior Technical Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Rockwell Automation Jobs Details:
Technical Writers manage multiple priorities, work with product development teams, and are engaged with evolving processes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a variety of different functions and levels of personnel in marketing, engineering, quality, and other disciplines to gather and interpret source information.
- Ensuring that information products are reviewed and approved before publication.
- Taking your technical information products through printing, language translation, distribution, and record retention.
- Ensuring that technical information products are developed according to style guidelines and templates, with a global perspective, and are optimized for translation.
Depending on your background, you may work on establishing future content development methodologies or heading up special department-wide projects, leading to opportunities for professional advancement.
Related Competencies -
- Based on specific role, effectively uses entire suite of tools required to author, review, check quality, and publish technical content, for example, FrameMaker, DocMan, and Acrolinx.
- Has sufficient knowledge about the product and technology domain he/she supports as writer.
- Writes accurate, clear, and concise content for industrial automation users, using appropriate terminology, and adhering to Rockwell Automation style and quality guidelines.
- Manages own workload and individual projects against deadlines and priorities; for example, effectively communicates project status to manager and stakeholders.
- Develops unique skills to support organizational needs, for example, tool administration, acting as a superuser, writing for the Web, maintaining templates.
- Maintains a network of peers and SMEs to support his/her primary role.
- Communicates effectively with manager, peers, and stakeholders, using the appropriate communication method for the situation; for example, tries multiple tactics to move a stalled project along.
- Practices effective teaming and leadership skills; for example, collaborates with other teams, voices concerns openly, and gets to a conclusion without hard feelings afterwards.
- Shows initiative and energy in taking on challenges or responding to organizational urgency.
Adobe FrameMaker experience.
Completed a minimum of five years in the technical communication field, with at least two years of experience focused on creating customer-facing content for industrial equipment, electronics, or other technical subjects.
Ability to present a portfolio of writing samples and/or previous work experience.
Demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of levels and functions, and possesses adequate interview skills to gather information from subject matter experts.
Must provide a portfolio of writing samples and/or previous work experience.
Knowledge of industrial automation control and information products preferred (control systems, software, communication networks and human interface devices) or other highly-technical subject matter.
Coursework in computer science, electronics, engineering, or related sciences a plus.
Demonstrated ability to manipulate engineering drawings to create technical illustrations.
Strong technical writing and editing skills.
Meet commitments and deadlines; recognize and anticipate barriers to completing assigned projects.
Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact frequently with project manager, product managers, and other internal stakeholders. Interact with peers and internal customers to gain cooperation of others.
Participate in international projects as required. Communicate successfully on a geographically distributed, global team as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communication field, or equivalent seven years of experience in the technical communication field.
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE -
Expert Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, Illustrator skills; AuthorIT; Robohelp; Microsoft Office, SharePoint (or experience with similar programs), Acrolinx; DocMan; SAP.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES/PROFICIENCIES -
- Action & Results Oriented
- Drives Growth and Productivity
- Works in Pursuit of Excellence
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Communicates Effectively