Privacy Counsel Jobs Vacancy in Glaxosmithkline Singapore
Glaxosmithkline Singapore urgently required following position for Privacy Counsel. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Privacy Counsel Jobs Vacancy in Glaxosmithkline Singapore Jobs Details:
Your Responsibilities: :
This Privacy Counsel role is part of the new Privacy operating model within GSK. Providing strategic advice on innovative projects involving the use of personal information, you will drive GSK’s compliance with all aspects of applicable data protection laws and regulations in countries across all entities across the APAC region.
You will be part of a team reporting to the Global Privacy Counsel, providing legal advice from both a regional APAC and global perspective to enable GSK to operate in accordance with all applicable data privacy laws, including advice in support of innovative projects.
- Provide strategic advice to GSK business units and global support functions on innovative projects, to ensure that privacy by design is embedded in the project. This advice will be based on an in-depth knowledge developed by the Privacy Counsel of the governance of key types of personal information used within GSK’s business (employee, patient, consumer and HCP).
- Advise on legal questions arising from Privacy Impact Assessments for individual projects, including projects involving international data transfers.
- Advise on GSK’s response to data breaches, investigations and complaints.
- Know-how management: develop and maintain a central know-how repository to provide a baseline working knowledge of global privacy laws within the Global Privacy Counsel team.
- Regulatory Change impact management: review and interpret new laws, official guidance and case law to identify potential impact on GSK’s operations, and work with the Regional Privacy Officer and Privacy Leaders for the relevant business units to determine changes required to GSK strategy and/or written controls.
- Advise on the development and maintenance of GSK’s written controls on Privacy, and on requests for exceptions to those controls.
- Advise on the development of guidance and templates for specific Business Unit activities.
- Advise on the privacy aspects of GSK’s oversight of third parties, including the maintenance of standard contractual language for use by GSK with third party suppliers or business partners, and on standard due diligence requirements.
- Contribute to the development of training for GSK employees generally, and develop training as appropriate for the Legal Department
- Actively participate in external forums on privacy issues affecting the Pharmaceutical Industry.
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 28 January 2018
- Professional qualification as a lawyer and licensed to practice as an in-house in country with significant privacy laws.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience practising as a lawyer including experience of advising on the application of data privacy laws to a variety of business projects and issues.
- Knowledge and experience of how in-house lawyers serve the employer client
- Expertise in, and track record of dealing with a wide range of privacy legal questions.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organisation
- Ability to analyse information; assess and prioritise issues and their causes accurately.
- Ability to provide business-focused, strategic advice and operational solutions.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle highly confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strong problem solving skills that are pragmatic, that demonstrate a strong understanding of business objectives, processes and information systems, as well as the broader external environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate Legal and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audience
In-house Pharmaceutical industry experience
Why GSK? :
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its ‘Change the World list’ which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.