General Manager Restaurant Jobs Vacancy in Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd urgently required following position for General Manager Restaurant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Manager Restaurant Jobs Vacancy in Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd Jobs Details:
- Manage operations and employees to deliver a dependable, high level of service to all guests consistent with company operational standards, workplace policies and procedures.
- Promote good public relations and handle complaints or guests concerns.
- Control guest flow with regard to service standards and maximizing revenues.
- Oversee and control all operations functions and related costs to meet budgeted/projected operating income and sales levels.
- Control purchasing, receiving and usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate use of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- Observe and maintain daily condition of all physical facilities, furnishings and equipment in all areas and make recommendations for corrections and improvement as needed.
- Direct and oversee human resources activities: hiring/firing, compensation, timely performance reviews and merit increases, training, disciplinary and/or counseling measures, monitor and manage incentive programs.
- Provide management and employees ongoing guidance and training so that they can provide quality guest service and guarantee return business.
- Ensure that employees at all levels of responsibility are treated fairly and consistently to achieve high morale and minimum turnover: promote teamwork and foster harmonious working climate.
- Prepare and post effective employee work schedules to reflect operating forecasts and to ensure that employees are scheduled within the given budgetary parameters and payroll is managed.
- Ensure that all employees and management utilize the POS system and control cash and revenues as per policies and procedures.
- Gather and verify financial data: auditing, ensure accurate in-store accounting, P & L's, budgets, insurance, worker's comp, liability and health benefits.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory laws and licenses: health department, state worker's compensation act, unemployment, discrimination, immigration, employee files and documentation, liquor licenses, employee notification posters, occupancies and fire regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities in compliance with Health Department Regulations. Direct and approve all maintenance and repair of equipment and changes in food handling or preparation procedures.
- Negotiate with service providers and vendors according to company policy.
- Devise and implement local store marketing programs in order to build revenues and sales volume.
- Ensure the safety and security of the facility and employees. Handle and report all employee and guest accidents and injuries within 24 hours of incidents as outlined.
- Understand all food and beverage items ordered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service; and safeguards quality and consistency of all menu items – food specifications, recipes, plate presentations, and quality.
- Comply with and enforce all of employment related policies and procedures, including: accurate recording of hours worked, breaks, and tip income; communication of shift changes, tardiness or absences; behavior consistent with a workplace free of harassment, discrimination, drug or alcohol abuse among co-workers.
- Express and exchange ideas in spoken and written English at an above-average level.
- Demonstrate knowledge including ownership, history, locations, service and meal hours, frequent guest benefits and events.
- Be dressed in proper attire and acceptable footwear, ready to begin at start of all scheduled workdays. Work whatever shifts necessary to meet financial, service and operational requirements.
- Maintain reliable transportation to get to work on time.
- Regularly schedule, conduct and/or attend all employee meetings, training and education sessions.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to eight (8) hours during a shift (with limited breaks); carry up to 30 lbs. and exert up to 50 lbs. of force without straining; and sustain repetitive motions of legs, feet, waist, back, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands and fingers.
- Protect guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcoholic beverage control policies.
- Contribute to restaurant success by welcoming relevant, different and new requests; ideas and opinions for improving operations and service; helping others with assigned duties; and willingness to work towards meeting and exceeding established revenue goals.
- Respond properly to any emergency.
- College degree or culinary education is beneficial.
- Shows confidence, energy, and enthusiasm with a professional, clean appearance, and a friendly, helpful, approachable demeanor.
- At least five (5) years of restaurant, club or bar management experience, preferably in upscale establishments.
- Legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Extensive expert knowledge of liquors, cocktails, aperitifs, mixes, wines, vintages and wine pairings with food items on our menu.
- Ability to open and close establishment, purchase food and beverages, control and track inventories, train and manage the employees, manage vendors and suppliers, manage advertising, prepare necessary operational and financial reporting.
- Satisfactory physical and mental health to perform the requirements of the job, and to work with the public in compliance with applicable foodservice health and safety regulations.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the assigned position with or without reasonable accommodation, to meet service and operations standards within company policies and procedures.
- Be available and willing to work all scheduled shifts, including working weekends and holidays.
- Capable of multi-tasking, leading and communicating with others, able to express and exchange ideas in spoken and written English at an above-average level.
- Working knowledge with computers, POS systems, calculators and touch screens.