Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Digital
Digital urgently required following position for Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Digital Jobs Details:
IMPORTANT: We can consider only Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (SPR). Applications that do not respect this requirement will be automatically rejected.
SG Digital are looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, including Singapore Pools, get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the leading edge of sporst betting products.
As a Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
The candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrable talent coding in Java and J2EE
- Working knowledge of web services, XML and Tomcat or other container
- Demonstrable talent in writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- Ideally 2+ years of commercial experience developing software
Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in large scale system design
It’d also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience with Maven or another Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Ehcache
- Experience working with Informix and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with interfacing with legacy applications
- Any knowledge of TCL is a major plus
- Experience in developing large distributed systems and concepts such as caching, sharding, consistent hashing, interprocess communication and brokering
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a great work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.