Data Centre Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Singtel Singapore
Singtel Singapore urgently required following position for Data Centre Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Centre Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Singtel Singapore Jobs Details:
We are looking for an Operations Manager, managing DC OPS Operation for Singtel Data Centre.
Leading a team of DC Operations staffs to ensure smooth operation of DC Operations and hosting SLA. Responsibilities include executive planning, provisioning, change management, monitoring, capacity planning, incident management, problem & resolution, and a number of other activities needed to ensure smooth and continuous Data Centre services.
- Lead the team of Operations staff to provide 24x7 support to the DC operations at Singtel DC.
- Perform the role of customer fronting and ensure operational efficiencies and effectiveness for customers serviced by both PV, Cage and Colocations.
- Lead the team to ensure Singtel DC maintain all ISO27001, SS507, ISO22301, ISO9001 Certification status.
- Manage resources in manpower, capital and operating expenses within the team. Ensure resources are leveraged at the most optimum, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Motivate subordinates through leadership and well planned job assignments. Provide periodic result reviews, coaching, career counselling and appraisal feedback in developing subordinates to their fullest potential. Provide inputs to individuals’ career development plans and ensure that this plan is implemented.
- Take timely and made good decision in managing customer’s expectations well in time of unforeseen crisis in area of facilities management.
- Establish and enforce standards and procedures in the operations. Review operation standard to ensure control, accountability, security and efficient utilisation of operations resources.
- Manage facility maintenance work, including monitoring and control to ensure completion within time and cost objectives.
- Prepare operating and capital budget, including formulating programs relating to routine and periodic data centre operations and facility maintenance work.
- Work towards ensuring appropriate physical security is in place and enforced.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of data centre facilities including Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system, Remote Surveillance System, Card Access System, etc
- Ensure an appropriate maintenance regime is established for all facility and Data Centre utilities and plant, including regular testing and electrical and mechanical inspections.
- Liaise with Data Centre Facility Management for matters related to building infrastructure and facilities supporting data centres.
The ideal candidate shall possess the below
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years IT relevant experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Certified Data Centre Professional - CDCP
- Certified Data Centre Specialist - CDCS
- IT Operations Best Practice
- ISO 20000
- ISO 27001
- ISO 22301
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Immediate Level Certification
- Project Management
- Budget preparation and fiscal management
- Personnel Skills, able to maintain confidentiality and address personnel issues sensitively and appropriately
- Assertive & tactful when dealing with auditors
- Well organized and able to reschedule priorities as circumstances change
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Good Communication skills
- Making administrative / procedural decisions and judgments
- Strategic planning skills
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures