Research Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Technological University urgently required following position for Research Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Nanyang Technological University Jobs Details:
Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 11 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 200 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
A new Smart Nation Centre has been setup in the School of EEE (through government funding) to work with government agencies to develop smart nation technologies that cater the needs of the general public.
- The Research Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and testing software to interface sensor units in the field to the cloud computing platform for data acquisition, device management and control.
- The engineer must have good hands-on experience working with IoT cloud computing platforms.
- He/she must work with team members to participate in the design, implementation, integration and testing of software modules.
- He/she will participate in the Smart Nation centre (under the Singapore Smart Nation initiative) in the school of EEE and carry out important work that will impact the well-being of the general public.
- He/she must ensure that the developed system built in the centre meets the design specification, and proper data management procedure is being followed.
- He/she is able to implement solution in line with team and individual objective within the deadline.
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to:
Assoc Prof Lee Yee Hui
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: EYHLEE@ntu.edu.sg
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Education background/ experience required:
- B.Eng. and above in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in C, C++, Python and Java Programming languages
- Experience with design, architecture of common Java technologies, frameworks, mobile and web technology stacks.
- Knowledge in software architecture, design, and implementation
- Familiarity with Android, Linux OS and computer networking.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse agencies environment.