Vice President Regional Compliance Leader Asia Pacific Jobs Vacancy in Visa
- Vice President Regional Compliance Leader Asia Pacific
- 19 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Visa urgently required following position for Vice President Regional Compliance Leader Asia Pacific. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Vice President Regional Compliance Leader Asia Pacific Jobs Vacancy in Visa Jobs Details:
This position is responsible for the oversight, support and monitoring of the application of the Compliance Program across the AP region. The position is a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic, solution oriented counsel to ensure that Visa has effective risk management, decision-making and review of key processes to ensure we meet international standards, the requirements of regulations and laws of the United States and of the countries in which we operate.
These activities include the following areas of risk:
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption;
- Office of Foreign Assets Controls and other Sanctions
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF)
- Anti-Trust and Competitive Intelligence
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Other specific compliance requirements of regulators who have regulatory authority over our operations in the AP region.
- Business Conduct and Ethics
- Conflicts of Interest
- Prevention of Insider Trading
- Responsible for all Compliance Program matters as the primary point of contact for business units, support functions and other control function.
- Primary point of contact for AML/ATF matters with regulators, in collaboration with Legal and Government Relations function.
- Collaboration with Visa’s Financial Intelligence Analytics Center on activities including additional and enhanced due diligence applied to AML/ATF & Sanctions cases, including direct communications and requests for information from clients and partners.
- Ensuring that the business has effective decision-making, risk assessment, processes, controls and procedures to meet obligations of internal policy and international and local regulations, laws and requirements.
- Review of significant business strategies, activities and transactions, assessment of risk and development and execution of risk mitigation action at regional, country, program and product level.
- Accountable for managing the process to provide required reporting to regulatory authorities in the AP region, where relevant.
- Promote understanding of the Compliance Program and Code and drive effective inclusion of Compliance in business activities and strategies Collaboration & Communicate.
- Execution of due diligence requirements of the Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, AML/ATF & Sanctions Programs, including third party due diligence, provision of AML/ATF workshops and education for Clients and on-site Client AML program assessments. The AML/ATF component is a significant portion of the position’s overall responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree minimum, higher education qualifications preferred.
- Professional AML/ATF accreditation required.
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance or similar qualification preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in management of compliance programs and controls within the financial services industry, preferably some in the AP region.
- Good knowledge of payments industry products, emerging products, regulations and related trends.
- Strong people management, strategic planning, and leadership experience and demonstrable ability to inspire employees.
- Experience in successfully partnering with senior business clients and exhibiting executive presence, serving as a strong ambassador of the Compliance function in business leadership and other forums.
- Willingness to “roll up your own sleeves” and engage directly in Compliance tasks, as well as personally lead projects with appropriate subject matter expertise.
- Experience in conducting internal employee misconduct investigations would be beneficial.
- Experience interacting directly with regulators, particularly in the financial services industry and preferably in AP would be beneficial.
- Highly analytical and self-motivated, adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organization. Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing.
- Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and relationships in a complex matrix business and operational environment, including handling both intra regional and regional/HQ relationships.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge when required, including ability to “speak truth to power” and assert independence without being antagonistic.
- Ability to manage a diverse, changing, short fuse and challenging workload, often across time zones and involving different cultural contexts, and able to triage and execute on priorities with minimal supervision.
- Some travel (at least 20% of time) and ongoing unconventional business hours (conference calls, video calls and web based meetings with other global time zones) will be required.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills including use of MS Office systems including Word, Access, Visio, Excel (advanced), Power Point, SharePoint and other applications.
- Excellent and professional written, presentation and communication skills.