Primary School Pyp Homeroom Teacher Jobs Vacancy in German European School Singapore
German European School Singapore urgently required following position for Primary School Pyp Homeroom Teacher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Primary School Pyp Homeroom Teacher Jobs Vacancy in German European School Singapore Jobs Details:
Primary Homeroom Teacher
European section - PYP
commencing 1 January 2019
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates. Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School. Children aged 18 months onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and inclusion. Currently, more than 1600 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located in a popular residential area at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve and with very good access to the public transport system.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Fluent (native level) English; additional languages a plus
- Primary School teaching certification and two years’ classroom teaching experience
- IB-PYP training and experience preferred
- Training and experience in Writers’ Workshop, Readers’ Workshop, ESL in the Mainstream, Concept-based Teaching, Inquiry – preferred
- GESS Teacher Skills: differentiation, assessment for learning, cultural sensitivity, supporting mother tongues, integrating technology, collaborative learning
- Planning, teaching and assessing 28 weekly 45-minute lessons (full-time) in mathematics, language arts, units of inquiry, as well as possible additional specialist subject lessons
- Attending weekly curriculum and staff meetings
- Life-long learning, self-development and being a reflective practitioner
- Excellent teaching practice and pedagogical knowledge
- Contribution to pedagogical and programme development through participation and leadership
- Enthusiasm, passion and a positive attitude
- Contribution to school life and community
- Collaboration and team work
- Integrity and respect
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application, your complete resume, salary expectations and a recent photo.
Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
As in any professional international school, GESS has a Child Protection Policy. Our recruitment process reflects this policy in that we ask for a police clearance check and further background checks for shortlisted candidates.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The School reserves the right to appoint prior to the application deadline.