Commercial Management Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Cargill Ocean Transportation Singapore Pte Ltd
Cargill Ocean Transportation Singapore Pte Ltd urgently required following position for Commercial Management Trainee. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Commercial Management Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Cargill Ocean Transportation Singapore Pte Ltd Jobs Details:
Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Ocean Transportation (OT) is a leader in chartering, trading, logistics, operations and risk management of ocean freight solutions. We are committed to safety, high quality and risk management solutions that ensure our customers cargoes arrive safely, on time and in good condition. Our global coverage across all major oceans allows us to develop customer-oriented solutions that focus on connecting commerce across a wide variety of commodities.
Along with Cargill’s global commodity expertise and insight in agriculture, energy, industrial and mineral industries, Cargill Ocean Transportation is able to provide complementary trade flows, logistics supply chain expertise and financial stability. We provide commodity and market expertise, physical freight, risk management services, custom solutions and ship vetting.
We offer a unique and exceptional learning curve opportunity within the ocean freight business. During your 18 months assignment, we will provide you with a rotating program to cultivate and fast track trainees who aspire to build foundational merchandising and trading capabilities in dry bulk shipping.
Spend time on different desks and departments such as Trading, Risk Management, Vessel Operations and Analytics.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- 10%-Develop and maintain customer relationships when working on the Freight Trading desks
- 20%-Learn about the Trade Capture process and the importance of the trading contract and charter party clauses
- 20%-Analyze supply and demand, survey market conditions, and other economic forces in order to maintain and grow Cargill's position in the market place when working on the Analytics desk
- 5%-Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase/sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment
- 10%-Coordinate transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts
- 10%-Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts
- 5%-Work on daily, weekly and months Risk Management reports and statistics
- 15%-Timely and effective communication and interaction with other OT teams such as Risk Management, Analytics, Operations, Finance and Trading
- 5%-Other projects and assignments as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline
- Risk appetite
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize existing workload, define and seek out business opportunities
- Highly motivated, self-starter, strong team player
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Business Partnering and customer orientation
- Ability and passion to work in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Geographically mobile and willingness to travel within the next 3-5 years
- Business fluency in English. Any other language a strong plus
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, even when outcome is uncertain
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills; working in a team environment; coaching and developing others
- Displays the essential leadership qualities of integrity, conviction and courage
- Motivated and driven to succeed
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, price-volatile, changing environment
- Some previous work experience a plus
- Additional language known Is a plus
Other relevant information to the position
- Team oriented, fast-paced and hands-on
- Office setting
- Quick integration into the business through clear work expectations and responsibilities
- Job rotation and cross training opportunitie