Chief Steward Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Singapore
Marriott International Inc Singapore urgently required following position for Chief Steward. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Chief Steward Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Singapore Jobs Details:
Job Number 1900113N
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa, 23 Beach Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Supervises dishroom shift operations.
- Performs all duties of utility employees as necessary.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean supplies of each.
- Coordinates banquet plating and food running with Banquet Chef and Banquet Maitre'd.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Enforces proper breakdown procedures for banquets, restaurants, room service and employee cafeteria.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- Interacts with vendors and Health Department representatives as required.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Manages payroll administration.
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired results.
- Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Attends meetings and communicates with executive, peers, and subordinates as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees in the organization.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progress discipline procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.