Global Platts Commodity Associate Program Jobs Vacancy in Global Singapore
Global Singapore urgently required following position for Global Platts Commodity Associate Program. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Global Platts Commodity Associate Program Jobs Vacancy in Global Singapore Jobs Details:
S&P Global Platts 2019 Commodity Associate Program is a seven month rotational program commencing in February & June 2019
The Location: Singapore
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a global team in Platts Content and will be considered as a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduate & postgraduate institutions that are passionate about the commodities market, reporting and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural team. We are looking for graduates who are able to work well within a team and can demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity and problem solving ability.
- Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Market reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
What’s in it for you:
You will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process. You will also be exposed to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets. You will get an opportunity to learn about all aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets.
During the programme, you will be trained to work in the price reporting function and will generate assessments and content. This includes market commentary and news pieces which powers our pricing benchmarks and analytics. You will receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three month rotations in a different commodity sector – preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams. Should you meet expectations and perform well, you will be offered full time permanent employment at the end of the program. Rotations and final placements are based on business needs and determined by the business. Additionally, there may be future opportunities for international relocation and assignments.
Our 7-month rotational program commences in February & June 2019. Commodity Associates receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three-month rotations in a different commodity sector. Should you meet expectations and perform well you will be offered full time permanent employment at the end of the program. Rotations and final placements are based on business needs and determined by program management.
- Identify drivers moving the daily markets
- Learn and demonstrate successful interviewing techniques and how to obtain data for commentary
- Write concise, informative commentary
- Verify source information through appropriate channels
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of Platts Market on Close assessment process
- Complete all assigned news training modules and foundational training to learn about the commodity market.
What we’re looking for:
- All degrees welcome: concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or energy related disciplines preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or completed a Master’s degree will also be considered
- Strong writing skills (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential together with good verbal skills, listening techniques).
- Team player with collaborative working style.
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and able to readjust priorities throughout the day to meet deadlines.
- Understand the importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly and challenge.
- Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles).
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML)
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Interested candidates should visit our career site to submit an application – http://careers.spglobal.com