Assistant Manager Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Ntuc Income Insurance Operative Ltd
Ntuc Income Insurance Operative Ltd urgently required following position for Assistant Manager Database Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Manager Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Ntuc Income Insurance Operative Ltd Jobs Details:
Assistant Manager, Database Administrator
You will support Senior Manager, Middleware and Database, to design, engineer and administer database platforms located on-premise and in cloud running in Linux/Unix and Windows environments. You will provide optimized, secured, and performance tuned database environments (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, noSQL, Cloud RDS etc) and create and maintain relevant build and operation documents.
Focusing on IT automation, you ensure operation efficiency, resilience, security, and innovation on new database technologies. You will refine and re-factor the database platforms for cost optimization with open source databases and cloud RDS.
- Engineering of database platform environments
- Manages database installation, upgrades, patching, and security updates
- Creates and maintains appropriate build and operation documentation and best practices/standards
- Defining appropriate level of monitoring using industry-standard tools and ensuring alerting levels are meaningful and actionable
- Manages day to day operations of database environments (including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Cloud RDS, noSQL, etc.), and ensure the database performance meet expectation and requirement
- Contributes to project implementation following timelines and cost, managing
- Drives and implements IT automation allowing for reduced infrastructure management and deployment, and self-service capability
- Support the implementation and maintenance of data engineering and analytics platforms
- Liaise with IT teams in matter related to IT application, infrastructure, database, middleware, architecture and security.
- Install, upgrade, patch, administer, secure, configure, and monitor these technologies, and suggest optimization and other improvements, and are responsible for monitoring and managing alerts and tickets, etc
- Mentors junior staff
- Degree holder in Computer Engineering / Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Min 8 years of experience engineering and/or administering database platforms (primarily on Oracle and SQL Server, with hands on experience on MySQL and Cloud RDS, and experience with NoSQL or big data experience is an added advantage)
- Database certification, cloud certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill with securing database platform environments
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining system documentation
- Experience in both cloud and on-premise environments
- Expert experience in backups, restoration, and high availability solutions
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting and/or other scripting language
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Proficient in the following skillsets:
- Oracle database, SQL Server, MySQL, AWS RDS, MongoDB
- Big data platform
- Windows, Unix, Linux
- Knowledge of Openshift/Kubernetes/Container, AWS ECS/EKS is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes, Agile methodology and DevOps will be an advantage
- SQL Development certification is added advantage.