Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Costello Medical Singapore
Costello Medical Singapore urgently required following position for Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Costello Medical Singapore Jobs Details:
Costello Medical is a vibrant, welcoming and rapidly growing medical communications and health economics agency based in Cambridge, London and Singapore. We work with pharmaceutical and medical device companies, helping them to communicate the clinical and economic benefits of therapies to doctors and national reimbursement agencies. We deliver high-quality work that has a direct impact on the successful launch of novel therapies across a wide range of disease areas.
We were founded in Cambridge, UK, in 2008, and enjoyed rapid growth, driven by the demand for our expertise from clients in Europe and North America. Our excellent reputation enabled us to establish our Asia-Pacific office in Singapore, in 2014. Further expansion of the company is anticipated over the coming years, with potential additional offices in Japan, China and the US.
This position is ideal for those with experience in scientific research and for enthusiastic recent graduates in the sciences, who possess exceptional English and Japanese language skills, and have keen interest in pioneering future projects and driving business development in Japan. This is therefore a particularly exciting opportunity for an individual who is keen to help shape the future of Costello Medical. You will be based in our Singapore office, and will work closely with our Asia-Pacific Head and the Asia-Pacific team, as well as collaborating with experts in our UK team.
In a typical week you could be working on a slide set summarising the epidemiology of type 2 diabetes in Japan, preparing the first draft of a manuscript on a Phase III trial of a new treatment for stroke patients and working alongside our Health Economists to adapt a cost-effectiveness model for a client in Japan or other Asian countries. You will prepare materials in English and Japanese. The materials you prepare will be used directly by pharmaceutical companies to communicate with stakeholders who are instrumental to the successful uptake of novel therapies.
Following a successful induction period, the role increasingly involves participation in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with clients and key opinion leaders; the latter present opportunities for travel. Analysts work closely with experienced staff in both the Singapore and UK offices, who provide one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication.
Positions are available for those looking for an entry-level position in medical communications as well as those with some prior experience. We are looking for ambitious individuals with the potential to progress rapidly into more senior roles involving greater project management and client responsibility.
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- Exceptional written and spoken fluency in Japanese (equivalent to native Japanese language skills)
- Business-level written and spoken English
- An ability to communicate scientific materials clearly in both written and oral form
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply scientific concepts
- Close attention to detail
- Aptitude for and experience of scientific writing which could include dissertations, research summaries, lab reports, poster or oral presentations, peer-reviewed scientific publications, book chapters, grant applications, regulatory documents, and articles for websites or student magazines
- Previous experience in this sector, including in the Japanese healthcare system, is highly desirable. You should have a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of clinical science
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organisational skills and the ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
We offer a competitive starting salary depending on your experience. Additional benefits include discretionary cash bonuses and corporate medical and travel insurance. We are committed to the development of all employees and provide excellent internal training opportunities, and full funding, study leave and travel expenses to complete the University of York’s prestigious postgraduate programme in Health Economics for Healthcare Professionals, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine postgraduate programmes in Clinical Trials and Public Health and other external courses. Analysts are also encouraged to undertake and submit their own research to the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), International Society for Medical Publications Professionals (ISMPP) and may receive full funding and time away from the office to attend the ISPOR and ISMPP congresses and short courses.