Specialist Office Service Learning Community Engagement Centre For Experiential Jobs Vacancy in Singapore University Social Sciences Clementi
- Specialist Office Service Learning Community Engagement Centre For Experiential
- Singapore University Social Sciences
- Clementi S00
- 24 Aug, 2018 30+ days ago
Singapore University Social Sciences Clementi urgently required following position for Specialist Office Service Learning Community Engagement Centre For Experiential. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialist Office Service Learning Community Engagement Centre For Experiential Jobs Vacancy in Singapore University Social Sciences Clementi Jobs Details:
Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) administers full-time, publicly-funded undergraduate degree programmes.
Service-Learning (S-L) and Community Engagement (CE) Programme is a graduation requirement for Full-Time undergraduate students to work collaboratively with each other to learn from and serve the community.
The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Office of Service-Learning & Community Engagement (OSLCE) in S-L and CE initiatives and implementing S-L and CE activities and programmes. He/she will help support and facilitate S-L and CE programmes students to promote students’ sense of belonging through shared actions for social responsibility.
The Specialist (Service-Learning) is responsible for supporting the Team in working with external organisations and SUSS faculty/staff to develop, coordinate and implement Service-Learning activities and programmes for SUSS students. He/she should be self-motivated and able to perform duties with little supervision from his/her superior(s); is expected to possess leadership, administrative, networking and organisational skills; knowledge and experience in youth/student development; and skills and experience in Service-Learning specialist domain areas.
In addition to the primary function, Specialists will also perform other S-L duties, including conducting university-wide asset-mapping of existing community partnership and engagements that could be extended into service-learning programmes, and coordinating collaborations between the Office of Service-Learning and Community Engagement and SUSS Schools, amongst other S-L duties.
We are looking for individuals who possess good student development skills and knowledge; have awareness of current and emerging practices in Service-Learning and Community Engagement; and are committed to the preparation and development of young undergraduates.
Candidates should be intellectually nimble; have an eye for collaborative possibilities; and the ability to tackle challenging situations with finesse and determination. A strong passion for people development is also expected.
- Service-Learning Preparation Programme (Fair, talks, experiential learning journeys, adhoc volunteering experiences)
- Service-Learning Cohort Coordinator duties
- Service-Learning project advising & student mentorship
- Conduct Service-Learning assessment (including reflections and Community Sector Discussions)
- Create and curate local and overseas service-learning opportunities though long-term partnerships (with local and international community partners) and generate participation for internal and external programmes/activities
- Faculty and Schools engagement to enhance Service-Learning opportunities and integration
- Sector specialist advisory duties
- Develop/manage Service-Learning information and data (e.g. Service-Learning micro-site community resources, Year 1 pre-workshop survey, CEL survey)
- Conduct Service-Learning related training (e.g. Project Management)
- Student development activities, e.g. Teambuilding, onboarding, mentoring
- Design, develop and conduct translational research and solutions (as required)
- Manage administrative duties (pre and post event publicity, data management, procurement etc.) generated in fulfillment of job scope
- SUSS & Centre-wide activities, e.g. outreach, exam duties, convocation duties, etc.
- Attend training and development courses relevant to work and/or personal development.
- Post-Graduate Degree holder with at least 5 years of professional experience. Experience in student development, Service-Learning, and Community Engagement will be useful.
- Analytical with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Possess Leadership, strong coordination, administrative and organisational skills.
- Possess skills and experience in Service-Learning specialist domain areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Professional applications.