Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Capital Group Singapore
Capital Group Singapore urgently required following position for Research Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Capital Group Singapore Jobs Details:
Req ID: 27642
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The incumbent demonstrates full knowledge level in assigned area and works under direction only as needed. Conducts research and works closely with two to three experienced investment analysts to help evaluate investment opportunities. Assembles and reviews data, conducts statistical analyses and researches industry groups and individual securities. Prepares internal presentations and summaries of investment meetings. Works with investment analysts to help make Capital’s research process more original and productive through the thorough analysis of economic, financial and industry trends.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Conducts research and analysis in partnership with investment professionals to help evaluate investment opportunities.
- Creates and maintains a variety of computer spreadsheets and financial models (company, industry/sector, macro/country financial models).
- Collects industry and company data through a variety of channels, including sell-side research firms, internal and external databases, trade publications, online sources, regulatory filings and sometimes interviews with industry sources.
- Reviews and organizes data, synthesizes information, identifies trends and helps investment analysts to analyze and interpret company and industry data and trends.
- Prepares background research for investment analysts and assists with portfolio analysis.
- Stays up-to-date on industry trends, company news and regulatory issues.
- Determines how to best analyze data and identify trends.
- Prepares internal presentations and summaries of investment meetings.
- Attends regular investment meetings, company sponsored events, retreats, presentations, and conferences and summarizes key points for investment professionals.
- Writes company summaries and content for investment reports and works with analysts on internal presentations. May draft investment notes or publish own writing.
- Works on special research projects as needed to help support Capital’s investment professionals.
- Attends company sponsored events, retreats, presentations, conferences and meetings as needed.
- Attends and potentially lead broker and company meetings as needed.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of high complexity.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions on complex and broad matters.
- Demonstrates ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders and a diverse group of individuals outside the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating a variety of meetings.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of investments and financial analysis. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting area of coverage.
- Must have 2-5 years industry experience.
- Must be able to communicate in Business Mandarin
- Experience in WIND is a plus
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.