Senior Manager Regulated Industries Apac Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Singapore
Amazon Com Singapore urgently required following position for Senior Manager Regulated Industries Apac. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Regulated Industries Apac Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Singapore Jobs Details:
AWS is looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS before policymakers in highly regulated industries. The focus for this role is on telco. However experience in healthcare, financial services, and utilities will also be beneficial. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, politicians and influencers, and will coordinate efforts with local and global AWS management and business teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals. You will be responsible for advocating for favorable policies and regulations to promote AWS’ business interests in highly regulated industry verticals and developing strategies to convince regulators of the security and innovation potential of the cloud. This Singapore-based position reports to the Director for AWS Public Policy, APAC, and includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute advocacy strategies that mitigate policy risks to the business and advance business opportunities in highly regulated industry verticals such as financial services, healthcare, telecommunications, and utilities, among others;
- Engage relevant government agencies and public/private stakeholder groups on issues critical to AWS business in these verticals. Work with internal stakeholders and experts to identify opportunities and risks arising from policy and regulatory developments;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote company advocacy positions;
- Craft and contribute to policy submissions and engage in consultations with relevant regulators;
- Contribute to advocacy efforts within AWS including coordinating and developing public policy collateral such as policy position papers and talking points; and
- Drive strategic third party engagement through industry associations/coalitions, and leverage outside consultants when appropriate.
- 8-10 years of experience representing a large company or association before national and local policymakers, preferably but not necessarily in the tech industry
- Strong understanding of IT issues in Malaysia, including cloud computing, cyber security, data protection, over-the-top policy, and e-commerce; and/or track-record of engaging with IT ministry, financial services regulators and other policy makers;
- Demonstrated track-record of achieving meaningful changes to regulatory environment through public policy advocacy, and demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others;
- Strong understanding of political landscape in Malaysia and global political and regulatory trends that may impact the AWS business;
- Ability to dive deep on regulations by understanding how legislative and regulatory proposals may impact the AWS business, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers;
- Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively interact at highest corporate and political levels;
- Exceptional written communications (English); ability to convince stakeholders about merit of a public policy strategy through written communications;
- Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization (especially other regulatory functions such as legal, security and PR) as well as working independently;
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments; self-starter that can use good judgment and resourcefulness to advance public policy priorities in the absence of clear guidance;
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry;
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, etc.);
- Fluent written and spoken English and Bahasa is a must.