Regional Market Development Specialist Apac Bioproduction Upstream Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Singapore
- Regional Market Development Specialist Apac Bioproduction Upstream
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Singapore S00
- 20 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific Singapore urgently required following position for Regional Market Development Specialist Apac Bioproduction Upstream. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Regional Market Development Specialist Apac Bioproduction Upstream Jobs Vacancy in Thermo Fisher Scientific Singapore Jobs Details:
Job Title: APAC Regional Market Development Specialist - Upstream
Requisition ID: 80302BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Regional Market Development Specialist is responsible for efficient implementation and execution of adapted global strategies at regional and territory levels. Working with the Market Development Manager, they help drive region-level execution of marketing campaigns and programs for assigned product portfolio through key channels in the region to support sales and sales centers. S/he provides key marketing support to the Market Development Manager and the regional sales and technical teams. S/He will partner with regional and Global Market Development teams to execute integrated marketing programs well as measuring the performance of these initiatives.
Focus: Upstream Bioprocessing Category Management
- In conjunction with the Regional Market Development Manager, responsible for achieving market success in the region for upstream products and solutions offering, and providing regional line-of-sight visibility (local pulse) to the global platform.
- Perform detailed analysis and routine reporting of regional business performance (i.e., segment sales performance, opportunity pipeline valuation, opportunity win rate analysis, campaign implementation status and results) so that appropriate actions can be planned. Work with the commercial leadership team to recommend strategies and tactics based on market dynamics and competitive pressures, key account performance and other issues as appropriate.
- Optimize region pricing in collaboration with marketing and sales leadership.
- Plans and executes region- and country-level NPIs, price actions, upgrades and obsolescence of existing products.
Focus: Region Segment Campaigns and New Product Launches
Work with Regional Market Development Manager and the Global Market Development team on the adaptation of global campaigns and programs for execution in the region to establish strong customer and category positions including:
- Regional and in-country program adaptation and execution
- Local communications deliverables, web content and translations, support center preparation to support campaigns
- Industry and customer events.
- Regional industry relationship management - Build reference sites for Bioproduction across APAC and engage with KOL’s regularly.
- Regional market research projects (e.g., VOC) that are developed and implemented to support commercial decision making on products and/or strategies.
- Use market research to identify opportunities, unmet customer needs, and understanding competitive intelligence positioning. Use this research to develop segment value propositions and as a key input on the marketing planning.
- Implementing regional segmentation strategy. Develop and drive execution of segment value propositions and positioning in the region. Manage processes and programs to increase customer awareness, preference and purchase intent.
- Internal regional campaign set up and communication to sales and technical teams
- Responsible for working on new product introduction/ launch execution (NPI) and deployment plan for upstream bioprocessing applications, including country level PR, local web content and local activities to support launch
- Develops and implements local sales and competitive response campaigns and programs
- Execute programs and activities to support Bioproduction channels, including events, dealer training, sales and sales centers
- Interface with the regional sales force on training materials, brochures and other tools required for execution of growth objectives, adapting these to local market needs as necessary
- Consistent tracking and analysis of region market performance, including the use of SFDC to report and analyze leads, opportunities and win rates
- All campaigns executed on time and on strategy
Advertising Management- Manage the placement of agreed advertising communications for both print and digital media.
Sales Support – Supports the marketing requests of the regional sales team. Responding to requests in a timely manner.
Any other related tasks deemed relevant to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with experience in a commercial or technical role
- Has in depth knowledge of upstream bioprocessing applications, customer biologic development and manufacturing processes. Upstream bioprocessing defined as cell culture, scale-up and biologic harvest from production vessel (e.g., bioreactor).
- Learns Continuously. Embraces new and diverse ideas. Is flexible in changing and ambiguous situations.
- Champions Diversity. Respects, understands, and values individual differences to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Treats all people with dignity.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Has to be able to work cross-functionally and with a variety of business needs and expectations; familiar with matrix organizations.
- Possesses good current knowledge of the relevant markets and industry and stays at the forefront of business, technical, and strategic developments. Has a thorough understanding of current technology and applications across target customer segments.
- Excellent inter-personal communications skills, cooperative team player with a proactive responsive approach.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Masters/PhD in a life science area and/or MBA in marketing or business.
- Experience working in a biologics manufacturing environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.